About this blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Nails: 'Lovey Dovey'

Quick Quick post...

Yet another unconventional nail design for V-day.

May I proudly present to you, 'Lovey Dovey'. A colorful combo to represent happiness, celebration and above all...LOVE!



I'm going to try and be short on this one.

First I covered my nails with two layers of 'Pimp My Shrimp' from Catrice...all ten nails. But you can decide to give your accent nail a different background color if you like.
On the accent nail, my ring finger in this case, I used an old ballpoint pen to draw a bigger circle and right above that, a smaller one...both in 'Birds Flying High'from Catrice and 'White'from Jordana.
Underneath the bigger circles I painted a horizontal stripe with a small brush and using 'Brown' from Jordana. The small leaf-like accents were brought on with the same brush using 'Acid DC' from Catrice.
Then, let it all dry thoroughly!




While waiting I added big dots with the ballpoint on all remaining nails using the 'Birds Flying High'and the 'White'. And then I filled in between the empty spaces with little dots of 'Brown' using a toothpick.

As the accent nail is completely dry I added the details to the birdies with a nail art pen (You can also use a regular sharpie if that's what you got). And in between the lovebird I added to small red hearts.
Ahhhhh...love's in the air!!



Try it for yourself. And wear some pretty unconventionally cute nails this coming V-day.

X's n' O's

Sy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger