About this blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 20 September 2012

Product Review: Beautiful Textures line (For curly, wavy, kinky, coily & frizzy hair types)

For those of you who know me (and those who payed attention), I've been sporting my natural kinky curls for almost 4 years now.
Up until now it has been a wonderful experience...no regrets whatsoever. But it has also been a constant trial and err with different curly hair products to see what works best with my type of hair...

Recently I noticed the Beautiful Textures hair care line for Curly, wavy, kinky, coily & Frizzy hair. Really, it can just NOT go unnoticed with a bright orange bottle and purple cap.

First Impression of the product? "Hmm, interesting. Pretty nutritive ingredients for the hair. Aloe Vera, Coconut oil, Argan Oil, Shea Butter and olive oil to name a few.
And all this for a very reasonable price (aprox. $ 7 a bottle)
So I bought the shampoo, leave-in conditioner, deep conditioning cream, the whipped butter and the curl control lotion...just so I could try the whole line for once. Without having to mix it with any other brand.

The tangle taming shampoo


I'm the type of a lazy girl that doesn't wash my hair as regular as I should. So when I finally wash it, it's full of built up products. And if I've been wearing it down, also full of neck breaking knots.
This shampoo actually does what it promises...
In one shampoo it already foams up into an exotic smelling lather, leaving your hair smelling and feeling really clean. A second shampoo was not really necessary.
The multiple knots were also easier to manage...even without conditioner I coulld start running my fingers through the hair without much effort.

The Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner

To my opinion it lacks the thickness and creamy texture I'm used to. To think about it, I did not feel as thou my hair has been deep conditioned. There was nothing extraordinarily remarkable about the hair after the usage of this particular product, other that the breath taking exotic smell and the lightness.
It does serve thou (very well) as a regular conditioner. And it also helps awesomely with the detangling. I could detangle bigger sections at once without getting watery eyes. ;)

The Leave-In Conditioner

Also, not the best conditioner out there to my opinion. It did not give me the "WOWWW" effect at all, but if you're looking for a light-weight, nice smelling leave in...this is definitely it.
It does help very well in the detangling process and it provides great manageability. It's the perfect product for a wash and go and it feels more like a moisturizer than it feels like a conditioner.
But since it's light-weight you might be tempted to use more and to my opinion it lacks that silky feeling of a conditioner. But absolutely not a bad product at all.

The Curl Control Defining Pudding

The Curl Control Defining Pudding help giving a beautiful definition to my natural curls. I have the impression it makes them look healthy, full of body and well moisturized... Read: no frizzy, electrocuted hair...a bonus! It's a must have!
After testing the complete line together, I mixed it up with my regular moisturizing lotion... The results were fantastic, thou a littlebit too greasy. But my curls look maneagable and don't get stiffen up as with some other products I've tried.

The Moisture Butter Whipped Curl Creme

My very favorite product in this line yet! It has just the right amount of oils. So not to stay greasy. It's thick in concistency and gives a healthy shine to my curls and a light hold so I didn't even have to use any hair-gel. I have experienced that on very hot days the moisture would wear out thou later in the afternoon and I had to re-apply to keep the look intact. But I consider this to be a total love jammed in a pot. Also, a must have...I really recommend this one!


Overall rating:

Smell:            5/5
Effectiveness: 3/5
Price:             5/5
Variety:          3/5
Results:          4/5

Will I keep using some or all of these products? DEFINITELY...



(All pictures were taken from the official page of the Beautiful Textures; www.beautifultextures.com. For more information about the product line, feel free to visit their page. )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger